What Is Crossfit?
CrossFit benefits everyone from the couch potato to the elite athlete. We believe fitness means being able to perform well in different movements and different time intervals. CrossFit athletes can perform well in a variety of different events. Our programming delivers clear results which are measurable and comparable. We burn fat like crazy and create the world’s best athletes with a scientifically-backed, evidence-based approach to fitness. CrossFit is designed around the following concepts:
- Constantly Varied: Routine is the enemy and neglects key development areas. Wonder why you spend hours in a traditional gym with no results? Your body gets really good at doing one routine at the expense of becoming a well-rounded athlete.
- Functional Movements: We mix together functional full-body exercises that mimic you lifting things off the ground, sitting and standing, pulling and pushing in the real world. In the gym, this means movements like cleans, jerks, snatches, squats, pullups, deadlifts, muscle ups, rowing and running, because your body is made for them.
- Done at High Intensity: Our workouts rarely last longer than 20 minutes because, based on firm scientific research, high intensity training burns more fat and develops strength and conditioning better than traditional training programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Small-group, semi-private classes provide a careful and customized approach to your unique fitness abilities and goals
- Certified trainers teach you new functional movements and motivate you throughout the process
- Short workouts lasting typically under 20 minutes
- Organic fitness – use your body’s bio-mechanics, not overbuilt machines, to achieve results that help you in the real world
- Variety – you will not be bored because our workouts are rarely repeated
- Measurable results which improve over time and increase performance in any sport(s) in which you compete
Our higher prices reflect our commitment to offering you the best possible personal fitness training in all of Myrtle Beach. Think about how much small group sessions or personal training sessions cost you ($20 to $100/hour). At CrossFit Myrtle Beach, we charge our members less than $10 per class which is a great deal.
Remember, we don’t just show you a machine and tell you to use it, we work with you, teach you new movements, focus on your specific goals and make sure that you are reaping the benefits of CrossFit.
- P90X only lasts 90 days and is repetitive, CrossFit lasts a lifetime and is constantly varied
- P90X provides standard programming that you learn from a video, CrossFit gives you hands on instruction with certified trainers
- CrossFit creates functional results through constantly varied functional movements practiced at high intensity, P90X practices isolated movements that have little functional value and create little neuroendocrine response